Friday, August 10, 2007

There Are Two Things I Believe In:

Coffee and Chocolate.


Coffee not only tastes great, but it gives me that high / rush / buzz and a burst of perpetual energy. And makes me feel happy. And then chocolate also tastes amazing, but it makes me feel better on a bad day, and just gives me that feeling of satisfaction and contentment.

Yes, I believe in coffee and chocolate.

And then I realized something. I was thinking about Oxford (WHEE!!) and getting super excited. Not because it's England, but because it's apologetics on steroids. And as time passes, I'm learning more and more how much apologetics gives me this grand rush. It's like coffee.

Seriously, though. My first night in Israel, I had been awake for 2 days straight (because of the flight & time change) and was exhausted beyond measure. But as soon as theology came up in conversation, I went at it full throttle for an hour. Fully energized.

Therefore, this is the conclusion of the matter:

Apologetics is like coffee.
Love is like chocolate.



And then chocolate coffee is like Priscilla and Aquila in Acts. Apologetics and romance irrevocably intertwined.

No comments: