Sunday, September 2, 2007

Divine appointments aren't always what you expect

'Twas a sore reminder of all I loved and lost. With a dreadful surprise, I realized that three years didn't change as much as I thought it did. I look back and see how much I've changed, how much my life has changed, how much the circumstances have (blatantly) changed, and yet, what matters most remains terribly the same. And I'm left pondering the sinking implications.

Even so, I know that God is good. Let God be true and every man a liar. He who promised is faithful. And even in the glaring face of grim reality, his goodness is unchanging.

* * *

In other news, I'm now in New Hampshire, Nate's wedding was wonderful, and I leave for England on Tuesday. Please continue to keep me in prayer these last 3 days as I seek the Lord about all he has required of me these last 6 months, and what more he requires here at the end of this chapter. Pray that I will stay the course, keep the faith, and have the courage to finish strong. It's not easy, this course he set me on. And in all honesty, it can only get harder. But ya know, it's worth it. The favor of the Lord is worth it.

Good night, good faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh. If I called you would you tell me what was going on?